forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/convert/anakiaNmaven anakiaNmaven2document11.xsl build.xml projectNnavigation2book.xsl tabs.xml
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2002 10:48:33 GMT

Steven Noels wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>> So who is supposed now to clean up the existing
>>> src/resources/library/xslt mess?
>>

>> Are you volunteering?
>

> Nope.
>
> And I'll feel bad if David has to play housemaid once again.
>
> Let's make this a rule: if you break stuff or add new things which make
> existing things obsolete, you have to provide a migration path or clean
> up yourself.

With the convert stuff I haven't broken anything, and have followed IIUC
David's suggestion.

David Crossley wrote:
[...]
 > so it seems better to me to have src/resources/convert
                                                ^^^^^^^^^^^
 > with type-specific sub-dirs to hold all of their resources,
 > e.g. /maven/*.xsl, /maven/build.xml, etc.). Otherwise
 > we will need strange filenames to distinguish each.

Do you read the mails? :-|

There is no migration path, they are simply different things.
Eventually we will use that instead of what is in the library but not
now. CVS is not sacred, I won't commit things just when I've done with
it, because it's wrong.

As for the sitemap, I've reverted it.

> When I'll be fixing DTDs soon, I'll make sure to live by the same rule.
>
> </Steven>

             - verba volant, scripta manent -