forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Forrest 0.2 release
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2002 10:01:57 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Let's just do a quick release with just "technical" announcement,
> especially to the projects like incubator and commons that are starting
> to use it.

Why the announcement then?

Counterproposal: let's ensure we have a decent src & bin dist target,
that works for W2K, Linux, MacOSX and cygwin, put up that src & bin
tarball on our site, and announce its availability on our homepage and
to a number of 'friendly projects'.

But restrict the announcement to "hey, we made a dist version of Forrest
so that you can play around with it without having to mess with CVS,
please provide us with feedback, so that we can do a 1.0 before the end
of the year".

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org