forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Chalko <n...@chalko.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Getting rid of the table-based layout
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2002 00:29:46 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

>Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>

>>>I forgot where I read about putting navigation at the bottom of the
>>>page.  Basically it's a technique used to avoid giving users the same,
>>>redundant information over and over again before they can get to the
>>>main content.
>>>

>it's a fine line.. between keeping navigation accessible and keeping
>content accessible.  put the navigation at the bottom, and people
>may hate having to scroll to get it.  put it at the top, and people
>may get annoyed that they always have to scroll past it.
>
>my personal preference is to have it at the top, but consuming as little
>real-estate -- at least vertically -- as possible.  but that's just
>me.

At the top is good for the sighted, because afte the first time it is
easy to ignore.
For the blind it is much harded to get the reader to skip the navigation
part.
Also some people set there FONTS REALLY LARGE,  and navigation chews up
all of the first screenfull.

I think the bottom is the best location for navigation on simplified
presentations..