forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: @apache web pages
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2002 00:13:56 GMT
I'd also like to get a central forrest generator set up.  I had thought
daedalus was the proper
place to do that, but perhaps cvs.apache.org is.

I can hack forrest to provide this..  But What I need is:

1. A BSD spelunker with enough patience to get a copy of java 1.4
running or MAYBE a copy of 1.3.1.
Because Forrest doesn't work with 1.3.0
(http://www.freeroller.net/page/acoliver/20021109#apache_forrest_free_bsd_and)...
(I'm hoping it might work with 1.3.1)

I can't do the patch sets because my personal ambitious or lack of
knowledge as to what my future ambitions
might be, preclude me from agreeing to the NDA with sun necessary to
download the java sourcecode to patch.

2. crontab.  I did some calculations here
(http://www.freeroller.net/page/acoliver/20021109#apache_forrest_free_bsd_and)
and
the process should be fairly benign and light weight.

The advantage is that anyone using forrest could have their pages
generated from ONE central running copy of forrest.  We won't
have 60-300 ssh demons running remotely uploading pages opening up
security holes... and its just good clean infrastructure!

I'll demonstrate lack of impact on the server, and get blessings from
people on "infrastructure" etc before scheduling this of course.

Any volunteers for #1?  Any forresters willing to help me out spelunking
forrest?

-Andy