forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: [RT] Getting rid of the table-based layout
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2002 23:59:03 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> > I forgot where I read about putting navigation at the bottom of the
> > page.  Basically it's a technique used to avoid giving users the same,
> > redundant information over and over again before they can get to the
> > main content.

it's a fine line.. between keeping navigation accessible and keeping
content accessible.  put the navigation at the bottom, and people
may hate having to scroll to get it.  put it at the top, and people
may get annoyed that they always have to scroll past it.

my personal preference is to have it at the top, but consuming as little
real-estate -- at least vertically -- as possible.  but that's just
me.