forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Skin rewrite: 0.2 release?
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2002 16:25:58 GMT

Jeff Turner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm 80% through rewriting all the skins to make heavy use of
> <xsl:import>, aka stylesheet inheritance.  This makes skins _much_ easier
> to maintain, since all the 'structural' XSLT is common to all skins, and
> each skin's stylesheets contain only presentational stuff.
>
> As this is a major refactoring, how about doing a quick 0.2 "release"
> right now?  AFAIK everything is nice and stable, no known bugs.. docs
> need updating but not urgently..
>
> By "release", I mean:
>
>  - Make sure what's in CVS has no glaring bugs.
>  - Tag CVS as 'FORREST_02' or something (now is a good time to suggest
>    a sane tag convention)
>  - Create 'src' and 'binary' (shbat) releases by hand, put them
>    somewhere.. anywhere, preferably somewhere official.
>  - (optional) Post on general@xml, or announcements@ if someone has
>    access.
>
> Really I just want to tag CVS.. how "official" we make the release
> doesn't bother me.
>
> What do people think?

I'm finishing just now to patch the sitemap to be able to accept sources
from src/documentation/content directly instead of in the xdocs dir.

It also searches in the legacy xdocs dir for compatibility.

I want this to go in our first "unofficial" release, so we don't make
users change doc source locations later on.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -