forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Where to put additional stuff in the Forrest CVS?
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2002 12:18:29 GMT

David Crossley wrote:
> Jeff Turner wrote:
>
>>Steven Noels wrote:

>>>Those would be used by CAP pipelines which we will implement for a
>>>customer after the GetTogether.

>>>How about src/resources/library/xslt ?
>>
>>+1
>>

>>>Or maybe have a semantical grouping underneath, like:
>>>
>>>src/resources/library/xslt/
>>>                           maven
>>>                           docbook
>>>                           wiki
>>>                           util
>>>                           forrest
>>
>>There is typically only one *2document.xsl stylesheet per format..
>

> I would rather the grouping idea. Sometimes there will be
> a multi-stage conversion. Cocoon (a.k.a document-v10) has
> a few already in /xslt/ i.e. changesv10tochangesv11.xsl,
> docv10todocv11.xsl, faqv10tofaqv11.xsl
>
> Such stylesheets are specifically for a certain purpose,
> so it seems better to me to have src/resources/convert
> with type-specific sub-dirs to hold all of their resources,
> e.g. /maven/*.xsl, /maven/build.xml, etc.). Otherwise
> we will need strange filenames to distinguish each.

I think I'll go with

  src/resources/convert/xslt/
                            maven
                            docbook
                            wiki
                            util
                            forrest

  and
    src/resources/convert/build.xml

and add the convert dir to the ones copied in the webapp.

So it's easy to understand how to convert stuff statically with the
buildfile in the convert dir, while keeping the possibility of using the
files dynamically in Forrest.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -