forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: Adding new content types (Re: Forrestize Phoenix)
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2002 08:29:51 GMT

Jeff Turner wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 04:34:34PM +1100, Peter Donald wrote:
>>On Fri, 8 Nov 2002 16:23, Jeff Turner wrote:
>>>On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 03:41:58PM +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>>[from an avalon-dev thread]
>>>Woo.. very nice.
>>>I think in Forrest we're not really presenting a compelling case for
>>>separating content and presentation.  It would be great if we could, say,
>>>colourise code by language with <source type="java">, or XML, as done at:

The chaperon parser can do it, and it's part of my commit for the
wiki-like editing.
We can hardcode XML and Java in for now and move it to be pluggable
later on.

>>kool - and while you are at it I would LOVE to see something like
> Yes, it's somewhere near the top of the todo list.  Mine anyway.. I have
> a site needing this.

Cool :-)

It's still about enabling "mounting" pre-generated content in the
Forrest URI space, no?

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -