forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@wkwyw.net>
Subject Re: Something is breraking my build
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 13:53:54 GMT

Jeff Turner wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 12:19:39PM +0000, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>Ross Gardler wrote:

>>Here is a precise log of what I have done:
>>
>>mkdir tmp
>>cd tmp
>>forrest seed
>>forrest
>>
>>- Build succesful
>>
>>cp /ext/openSource/xml-forrest/src/resources/conf/sitemap.xmap
>>./src/documentation/
>>forrest
>>
>>- Build succesful
>>
>>In src/documentation/sitemap.xmap I commented out the root element, thus
>>breaking the sitemap.
>>

>>forrest now outputs:
>>
>>Setup... done.
>>Iniitializing... ready, let's go :-)
>> * [0]
>>-> [broken link] index.html <-
>>
>>OK, so fix the problem, by uncommenting the root element of the sitemap.
>>
>>forrest gives same results.
>>
>>So delete all the cache info:
>>
>>rm -Rf build
>>
>>forrest still does the same.
>

> That is really weird.  I went through exactly what you've describe with a
> clean rebuilt Forrest, and the post-fix build worked.  In fact I didn't
> even need the rm -Rf build.
>
> Are you sure you have all of Forrest?  Ie, updated with 'cvs up -dP'?

Just did this to make sure, only one file was different:
src/resources/fesh-site/forrest.properties, which was the addition of
the (commented out) avalon skin.

> Could you perhaps send me (offlist) a tgz of the breaking project?

I'll do a whole new one using the process above (just in case I missed
somehting in the CVS update) and send it to you in a few minutes.

Ross