forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@wkwyw.net>
Subject Re: Something is breraking my build
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 12:19:39 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> I have tried deleting the build directory and runnng forrest again, but
> no joy. I think this may be related in some way but I am still able to
> seed a new project and build that, so I don't think the problem is in
> the Forrest stuff, rather it is in my project somewhere.
>
> I will start the whole migration thing again from scratch and see if I
> can reproduce this error. Maybe I can be a little clearer about the
> final steps.

With all your help, I've managed to narrow the problem down. I don't
have a solution, but I can reproduce the problem reliably...

I started again, this time working with only a seed project. It seems
that what I have done is broken the sitemap. Fair enough, a broken
sitemap shouldn't work (but a better error would help). Anyway, I should
be able to get back to a working project once the sitemap is corrected
but I can't.

Here is a precise log of what I have done:

mkdir tmp
cd tmp
forrest seed
forrest

- Build succesful

cp /ext/openSource/xml-forrest/src/resources/conf/sitemap.xmap
./src/documentation/
forrest

- Build succesful

In src/documentation/sitemap.xmap I commented out the root element, thus
breaking the sitemap.

forrest now outputs:

Setup... done.
Iniitializing... ready, let's go :-)
  * [0]
-> [broken link] index.html <-

OK, so fix the problem, by uncommenting the root element of the sitemap.

forrest gives same results.

So delete all the cache info:

rm -Rf build

forrest still does the same.

Do I need to delete stuff in the forrest directory as well? If so
shouldn't this be handled by the build process.

Ross