forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@wkwyw.net>
Subject Re: Something is breraking my build
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 11:53:18 GMT

David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
> <snip/>
>
>>-site:
>>Deleting directory /home/rgardler/projects/saafe/research/build/tmp/work
>>Created dir: /home/rgardler/projects/saafe/research/build/tmp/work
>>
>>Setup... done.
>>Initializing... ready, let's go :-)
>>  * [0]
>>-> [broken link] index.html <-
>>
>>disposing... done.
>

> This may be off target, but i saw a similar problem with
> Cocoon. See this workaround ...
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=103501324917674
>
> By the way, why is there not a 'clean' target in Forrest build.

The symptoms are the same, but the cause seems to be different. This
thread provides two workaraounds, one is to comment out the SVG
serializer stuff, which does not work. The other is to:

build.sh clean
build.sh
build.sh site

The middle build builds cocoon itself and the thread indicates that this
may be a problem with cocoon blocks, which are only a part of the the
2.1 CVS branch. Is Forrest using the 2.1 branch?

I have tried deleting the build directory and runnng forrest again, but
no joy. I think this may be related in some way but I am still able to
seed a new project and build that, so I don't think the problem is in
the Forrest stuff, rather it is in my project somewhere.

I will start the whole migration thing again from scratch and see if I
can reproduce this error. Maybe I can be a little clearer about the
final steps.

Ross