forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@wkwyw.net>
Subject Re: Something is breraking my build
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 11:52:16 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 11:31:31PM +0000, Ross Gardler wrote:

<snip/>

>>add SVG serialisation to sitemap
>>build site
>>
>>SVG serialisation still not working
>

> Btw, there's a section in your-project.html about adding SVG.

Yes, I was following that but it didn;t work. However, I'll revisit this
problem when I can get the site to build again - probably just some
stupid mistake on my part.

>>This is where I get a bit hazy as to what I have done as there are a
>>number of changes to my sitemap and image files etc in order to get the
>>SVG to work. But in both cases the same thing has happened, eventually
>>the site won;t build complaining of a missing index.html.
>>
>>Of course the first thing I have done to rectify the problem is ensur
>>that I haven't broken the sitemap, so I remove my custom one. But this
>>makes no difference.
>

> I gather you don't have a custom skin, so changing the sitemap was the
> only change..?  Did you delete the whole build/ directory after changing
> the sitemap?  I suspect the build process caches bad stuff in build/tmp
> or somewhere.  Also, the build apparently no longer overwrites
> build/site/.  I'm not sure exactly how that works.

I had a custom skin in the original project, but have not yet brought
that across into the new one. So, yes, I am only changing the sitemap. I
have deleted the whole build structure to ensure there is no cacheing
issues.

>>I have checked that my xdocs are still OK (they
>>are) and that they are copied into the context directory (they are).
>>Everything seems normal except it won't build.
>>
>>The tail of the output from forrest is copied below. Has anyone seen
>>this behaviour before, is it too late at night for me to see what on
>>earth I am doing wrong?
>

> Have a look at build/tmp/context/WEB-INF/logs/error.log. It should
> contain useful stuff.

error.log is empty. I have checked the sitemap.log and it confirms that
I am using the forrest-site skin.

Ross