forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@wkwyw.net>
Subject Something is breraking my build
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2002 23:31:31 GMT
I have been moving a project from an earlier version of Forrest and have
come across a very strange problem. Unfortunately, I cannot reliably
reproduce it yet, I'm trying to find out if anyonw else has come across it.

Twice I have built the project up from scratch in this way:

created a seed project
copied across the source files
Edited skinconf.xml accordingly
Built site

Everything is OK except SVG serilaistation (as expected)

Then I go on to the following:

copy forrest sitemap to src/documentation
add SVG serialisation to sitemap
build site

SVG serialisation still not working

This is where I get a bit hazy as to what I have done as there are a
number of changes to my sitemap and image files etc in order to get the
SVG to work. But in both cases the same thing has happened, eventually
the site won;t build complaining of a missing index.html.

Of course the first thing I have done to rectify the problem is ensur
that I haven't broken the sitemap, so I remove my custom one. But this
makes no difference. I have checked that my xdocs are still OK (they
are) and that they are copied into the context directory (they are).
Everything seems normal except it won't build.

The tail of the output from forrest is copied below. Has anyone seen
this behaviour before, is it too late at night for me to see what on
earth I am doing wrong?

Ross

Forrest output
--------------

<snip/>

check-contentdir:

ensure-content:

validate-xdocs:
5 file(s) have been successfully validated.
...validated xdocs

validate-skins-stylesheets:

validate-skins:

validate-stylesheets:

validate:

copy-conf:

copy-sitemap:

copy-xdocs:
Copying 55 files to
/home/rgardler/projects/saafe/research/build/tmp/context/content/xdocs

copy-stylesheets:

copy-images:
Copying 32 files to
/home/rgardler/projects/saafe/research/build/tmp/context/resources/images

copy-schema:

copy-content:

copy-lib:

copy-classes:

copy-skins:

copy-skinconf:
Copying 1 file to /home/rgardler/projects/saafe/research/build/tmp/context

copy-status:

project-context:

prepare-context:

-prepare-classpath:

-site:
Deleting directory /home/rgardler/projects/saafe/research/build/tmp/work
Created dir: /home/rgardler/projects/saafe/research/build/tmp/work

Setup... done.
Initializing... ready, let's go :-)
  * [0]
-> [broken link] index.html <-