forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Committed alpha stuff for content editing in webapp
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2002 14:26:01 GMT

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 November 2002 12:09, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>I've committed what I have hacked lately about editing content in the
>>webapp.
>

> Wow cool! I'll send a CVS patch with my name for your
> list-of-people-that-owe-me-a-beer.xml ;-)

I don't drink alcohol, so I'd have to revert it ;-)

> Just wondering, wouldn't it be easier to keep the wiki text around in native
> form? Maybe something like:
>
> put:
>   save both wikitext + document.xml formats in separate
>   files by chaining two SourceWritingTransforms
>   (wikitext saved with minimal XML wrapper)
>
> get:
>   directly use wikitext format for editing, simply wrapped in an HTML form
>
> In this way an xml2wiki transform is not needed, only a wiki2xml. This would
> also allow wiki source files to be edited directly or stored in CVS (but
> maybe requires a way of regenerating the XML files?).

I think that if editing is done in wiki format, you are correct.
The problem is when users start editing the xml also... I always get a
bit frightened  when I see two versions of the files.

What do others think?

> On a sidenote, this version didn't run here (Linux) with JDK1.3, I get
>   java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
>   org/apache/cocoon/generation/TextParserGenerator
>   (Unsupported major.minor version 48.0)
>   at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)

S**T, that Jdk1.4 again! grrrrr

Just recompile the Cocoon scratchpad with JDK1.3 and replace the jar, it
should work.
If anyone has time to do it now, cool , else I'll do it later today, I
have to run now.

             - verba volant