forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Forrest fast edit-check cycle with Jetty committed
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2002 11:23:44 GMT
Ant- and webapp-gurus, hear:

I was wondering why we are still copying the content away to a
{project.home}/build/webapp environment when using 'forrest run':
wouldn't it be easier to just go and fetch the content from the
{project.home}/src/documentation directory?

Also, I would suggest to make the default build target directory
something like {project.home}/build/forrest/webapp, since I gather a lot
of projects will already use build/webapp for something else.

For that matter, maybe also use {}/build/forrest/tmp instead.

I'm trying to live through this avalanche, so sorry for not committing
patches myself - it is too much of a moving target for me currently (no
critique, just the realisation of me being a slow learner!)

</Steven>