forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Committed alpha stuff for content editing in webapp
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2002 11:09:49 GMT

I've committed what I have hacked lately about editing content in the
webapp.

It's very rough; basically I took the slash-edit stuff, trimmed it, then
trimmed it, then trimmed it, and simplified it.

I would like it to remain with the least visual stuff in it till it's
done, so we can focus on functionality; as you will see from the files,
it's much easier to understand than slash-edit.

The main reason slash-edit is difficult is that id uses stylesheets to
do things that are in fact to be done in the sitemap, like choosing
stylesheets.

To try it do "forrest run" and point the browser to
http://localhost:8888/edit/  .

I have not much time ATM to continue, so that's why I committed; it
needs bugfixes, a xml2wiki stylesheet and a correct wiki2document
stylsheet, and enhancements to the wiki grammer especially to define
sections and titles.

Anyway, have fun! :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -