forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: 'broken link' causes..
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 16:30:32 GMT

Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> Jeff Turner wrote:
>>Continuing on from this..
>>The solution is to add a custom sitemap rule for "forms/*.pdf",
>>and put it before the more general "**.pdf" rule ('**' matches
> ew.
>>So, to fix incubator-site:
> in other words, any xml-unaware person wanting to do something like
> this will need to wave a dead chicken over the sitemap, typing
> in tongues they don't understand.  i can accept this for now, but
> i surely hope this is only a we're-still-in-alpha workaround and
> not considered an final solution..

Yup, it's a workaround.

The final solutions are always to have the user confortable and make
things go smooth, don't worry.

Sometimes you will here about why we have done something before, but
that's not necessarily what we will do from now on.. actually, the
opposite :-)

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -