forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: including scripting in output files
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 11:53:09 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> as i find my way into it more, meseems forrest is intended for xml-aware
> programmers rather than content designers/developers.  true or false?
> your answers will affect your final grade.. :-)
>

> thanks for the info, btw.  is any of this documented in the forrest
> docs themselves?

Welcome to the wonderful world of XML, where the syntax has been tuned
to ease the life of grammar parser developers. What you just have
experienced are processing instructions and Character Data sections.

I don't follow your argument about developers vs designers though: real
authors wouldn't put <?php fragments into their content, won't they?

Nope, an XML course hasn't been included into the Forrest docs - as with
Anakia, Stylebook and other site-generation related Apache tools...
would this be useful? I happen to be able to fit my XML syntax intro
course into any time scale possible: the shortest so far is under 15'.
Maybe a little write-up of that could be added to Forrest.

</Steven>