forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Docbook in forrest (was RE:Uber Document Splitting)
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 10:31:06 GMT
Carles Canellas wrote:

> I think that Forrest will improve with a xml-source
> independence, putting in the hands of the user to
> decide the use of the dtd gived by default or the one
> preferred, for example docbook.

In order to do this in a manageable way, I'd prefer to stick with the
two-step view idea instead of doing direct authoring grammar->rendition
format conversion.

What I would like to work on after the Cocoon GetTogether is making sure
we have a stabilized mid-tier format (doc-v11++ I was thinking), and
stylesheets doing the authoringformat->midtier-format and
midtier-format->XHTML.

And using CAP pipelines to select the correct processing, so that it
becomes transparent to the document author
(http://xml.apache.org/forrest/cap.html).

</Steven>