forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: Newbie Feedback
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 08:22:14 GMT

Jeff Turner wrote:
 > On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 10:15:49AM +1100, Peter Donald wrote:
 >>One more thing I didn't like was the way the skinconf was defined.
The first
 >>thing I did was change
 >>  <link1 name="RealityForge" href=""/>
 >>  <link2 name="ThinkTank" href=""/>
 >>  <link name="RealityForge" href=""/>
 >>  <link name="ThinkTank" href=""/>
 > IIRC, the reason for link1, link2 etc was that <xmlproperty> needs
 > uniquely named elements.  We use <xmlproperty> to convert the link hrefs
 > to @skin.blah@ tokens.
 > Since we need Ant 1.6 for XML validation anyway, probably we could use
 > ${jxpath:...} syntax instead of <xmlproperty>.

IIRC it's not (yet?) in Ant core but still a proposal, but I may be wrong...

Anyway, (again IIRC) I sent a patch for this to enable multiple tags to
be accessed... but this is all out of memory, I've just come back from a
hectic week at the Duesseldorf fair and this was weeks ago... 8-S

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -