forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Link Crawling?
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 08:21:21 GMT

Peter Donald wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > Is there anyway I can add more strategies for link crawling during CLI
 > operation? In particular I have a css sheet that has
 >
 > @import url("blah.css");
 >
 > but this wont ever be copied across because it is not crawled.
 >
 > Suggestions?

Basically, the whole Cocoon CLI system has been hacked away by Stefano
and also Gianugo, and not much touched since then.

It has been neglected for long, and as you know too well from the use
you made on Avalon site, it stopped at every single problem with links
it had, which BTW has never been the intention of the original writers.

Lately I have tweaked it to output better info to the user and not to
break on broken links.
It still needs more work though.

For now you have two options: include that link in the html as an
attribute to a tag (try <!-- <a href="blah.css"/> --> ) or patch the
Cocoon CLI which is Main.java and many other classes.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -