forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon Update: better error reporting and chain metamodule
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 00:34:25 GMT
On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 09:34:26AM +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> I've updated the Cocoon stuff because I've patched it yesterday due to
> the complaints about the CLI not reporting errors: now it should.

Great!  This also fixes the sitemap reload bug and the PDF bug.

> With it we seem to get the chain metamodule free, so I've made the
> sitemap use it and named it "forrest".
>
> Please test and report any problem.
>
> PS:
>
> On http://www.krysalis.org/centipede/beta3/  you can see a modified
> version of the forrest skin, with smaller fonts and lateral page
> navigation embedded in the navbar. It also uses CSS to show images
> (except the spacer gif, haven't got to that yet), and png with alpha
> blending to round the corners (subtracting corners so the colors can be
> more easily changed). It also uses some CSS where before there were font
> tags.
>
> IMHO it wouldn't be bad to backport most of the changes to the forrest
> skin , but maybe it's better to put these in the new CSS-only skin.

The rounded corners are lost in ns4.7 with the new CSS..

I don't know if the benefits of further CSS'ifying forrest-site outweigh
the risks.  *shrug* up to you..

I hope to skinify Miles' CSS mockup in the next few days.  I had it half
done in build/webapp, and then forgot I had it there, and... usual story
:P

--Jeff