forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forresbot WANTED
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 12:54:14 GMT
On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 11:25:31AM +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> There have been requests to have the forresbot workin' regularly for
> some projects: FOP and Jakarta James would want it "yesterday" ;-) and
> it could be good to have it work for Cocoon and Forrest on a /cvs/** subdir.

I'm working on forrestbot now, trying to get a regression testing suite
up.  A while back I rewrote most of templates.build.xml to delegate to
forrest.build.xml targets.  There is some minor hacking still to be done,
but it mostly works.  See src/resources/forrestbot/samples

I'm currently tinkering with the mail support.  It also works, except
requires activation.jar and JavaMail stuff to work.  I have no idea if
Apache is allowed to distribute these jars.  Due to the following license
clause, I suspect not:

  "you [Apache] agree to defend and indemnify Sun and its licensors from
  and against any damages, costs, liabilities, settlement amounts and/or
  expenses (including attorneys' fees) incurred in connection with any
  claim, lawsuit or action by any third party that arises or results from
  the use or distribution of any and all Programs and/or Software."

But then, JAMES distributes it so.. :|

> I'm not aware of the current status, nor of the cocoondev and
> cocoon.apache.org stuff, so I need input. There is also the possibility
> of running these site generations through GUMP too. If we make the
> forrestbot work there, it might just be that the <deliver> tag (that
> delivers content to places) could be applied to the results. As a hack
> we can make GUMP publish them as javadocs ;-)
>
> What is the final solution we shall propose infrastructure@apache.org?

cocoondev.apache.org :)  Technically and politically, much less effort.

--Jeff