forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JavaDocGenerator, ideas?
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:58:28 GMT
On Fri, 22 Nov 2002 21:35, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> (cc to cocoon-docs for info, please discuss on forrest-dev)
>
> Hi Forresters,
>
> On cocoon-docs [1] we recently agreed (I think - no vote yet) to generate
> parts of the soon-to-be Cocoon Users Reference Docs from custom javadoc
> tags embedded in java source code.
>
> For this we need a JavaDocGenerator that would parse java sources and
> output an XML representation of (at least) the javadoc tags and their
> content. I think such a generator could be very useful for other projects.
>
> I assume this component would be added to the Cocoon code base, but the
> most immediate need that I can see is in Forrest, which prompts me to bring
> the discussion here.
>
> Any suggestions on how to best implement this?
> I see it has been discussed lately but did not find concrete conclusions.
>
> I gave a quick look at qdox [2], looks like it would be fairly easy to base
> the JavaDocGenerator on this library.

I use QDox and think it rocks (fast and flexible). I believe it is also slated
for inclusion in XDoclet2 so it should be much more widely used in the
future.

I am just learning Cocoon so haven't really done much more than play but it
would be great to have an AbstractQDoxGenerator that I could reuse ;)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
Clarke's Third Law: "Any technology distinguishable from
magic is insufficiently advanced".