forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JavaDocGenerator, ideas?
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 11:00:48 GMT
On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 11:35:37AM +0100, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> (cc to cocoon-docs for info, please discuss on forrest-dev)
>
> Hi Forresters,
>
> On cocoon-docs [1] we recently agreed (I think - no vote yet) to generate
> parts of the soon-to-be Cocoon Users Reference Docs from custom javadoc tags
> embedded in java source code.
>
> For this we need a JavaDocGenerator that would parse java sources and output
> an XML representation of (at least) the javadoc tags and their content. I
> think such a generator could be very useful for other projects.

Yes, I would find that useful for documenting Ant tasks.

I propose sucking up to Peter Donald:

  "Essentially what I want to do is be able to point at a java source
  file that gets processed by qdox.sourceforge.net and outputs some
  custom xml. The code is already written but only works from command
  line. What I would like to do is get it working inside forrest so that
  everytime I rebuild the descriptions of components are regenerated and
  crosslinked."
   <200211161844.56489.peter@apache.org>

--Jeff