forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <>
Subject JavaDocGenerator, ideas?
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:35:37 GMT
(cc to cocoon-docs for info, please discuss on forrest-dev)

Hi Forresters,

On cocoon-docs [1] we recently agreed (I think - no vote yet) to generate
parts of the soon-to-be Cocoon Users Reference Docs from custom javadoc tags
embedded in java source code.

For this we need a JavaDocGenerator that would parse java sources and output
an XML representation of (at least) the javadoc tags and their content. I
think such a generator could be very useful for other projects.

I assume this component would be added to the Cocoon code base, but the most
immediate need that I can see is in Forrest, which prompts me to bring the discussion here.

Any suggestions on how to best implement this?
I see it has been discussed lately but did not find concrete conclusions.

I gave a quick look at qdox [2], looks like it would be fairly easy to base
the JavaDocGenerator on this library.

 Bertrand Delacrétaz (,

 buzzwords: XML, java, XSLT, Cocoon, FOP, mentoring/teaching/coding.

View raw message