forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [problem] xdocs validator doesn't support Korean characters
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 05:51:22 GMT
On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 12:51:37PM +0900, IAS wrote:
> The problem is that Forrest xdocs validator doesn't work with Korean
> (and possibly other non-Latin-1 languages). I tried to validate some
> UTF8-encoded xdocs documents that have Korean characters by jEdit, and
> the result was OK, i.e., 0 errors. I guess the current xdocs validator
> uses English-oriented stuffs or read xdocs documents with some fixed
> encoding that doesn't support non-Latin-1.

What is the error?  After fixing the sitemap validation problem, I'm able to
validate the docs in the ias-site.zip file you sent to the mailing list once:

validate-xdocs:
6 file(s) have been successfully validated.
...validated xdocs

validate-sitemap:
...validated sitemap

Setup... done.
Initializing... ready, let's go :-)
 * [25] index.html
 * [0] skin/page.css
 * [0] skin/images/spacer.gif
 * [0] skin/breadcrumbs.js
 * [0] images/group-logo.gif
 * [0] images/project-logo.gif
 * [0] skin/images/tabSel-left.gif
 * [0] skin/images/tabSel-right.gif
 * [0] skin/images/tab-left.gif
 * translate empty uri
[20]
-> [broken link] starbucks/index.html <-
 * [0] skin/images/tab-right.gif
 * [24] changes.html
 * [23] todo.html
 * [20] starbucks/index.html
 * [0] skin/images/menu-left.gif
 * [0] skin/images/menu-right.gif
 * [0] index.pdf
 * [0] skin/images/printer.gif
 * [0] skin/images/label.gif
 * [0] skin/images/page.gif
 * [0] skin/images/chapter.gif
 * [0] skin/images/chapter_open.gif
 * [0] skin/images/current.gif
 * [0] /favicon.ico
 * [0] skin/images/built-with-cocoon.gif
 * [0] skin/images/centipede-logo-small.gif
 *  * [0] starbucks/index.pdf
 * [0] changes.pdf
 * [0] images/add.jpg
 * [0] todo.pdf