forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: branch management - yikes
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 05:36:52 GMT
On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 04:16:03PM +1100, David Crossley wrote:
> I see that Jeff is maintaining FORREST_02_BRANCH
> but i have not been doing so. Do we really need to
> do this?

Only critical bugfixes that are easy to port.. eg, if that forrest.bat
patch proves stable, I'll move it over.

> Many fixes that we make to head cvs are also
> needed in the branch.

Not really.. there's only been two so far.  I'm happy for everyone to
ignore the 0.2 branch, and I'll just watch commits and port when
necessary.

> Is there an easier way?

'cvs diff -j HEAD', and then 'cvs update -j HEAD' pull in changes from
the head onto the branch.

--Jeff