forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <>
Subject Re: skinconf.xml , single configuration point?
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2002 14:17:47 GMT
On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 02:37:24PM +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> To reduce the number of files needed for forrest, I would propose to
> move all under skinconf.xml, and that file be used in
> Ant via XmlProperty.

They don't configure the skin, should why should they be in skinconf?

> This way we have only one configuration file.

Then how about:
 - merging into properties.xml
 - merging skinconf.xml into module.xml

Merging skinconf.xml and module.xml was always the plan, since they both
contain generic project metadata.

I don't reeeally see much benefit in merging skinconf and module though..

Advantage: we don't duplicate the <project-name/> in skinconf.xml with
<project name="..."/> in module.xml
Disadvantage: we force module.xml on projects that may not want it