forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: copy-conf happens too late in build
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2002 12:03:44 GMT
On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 10:01:29PM +1100, David Crossley wrote:
> I think that i have found a little glitch in the build.
>
> The target "copy-conf" copies the cocoon.xconf from the
> project src/documentation/conf directory. However it does
> this too late in the build process.
>
> The validation targets need it to be in place before they
> are called. The project can define their local OASIS catalog
> in their cocoon.xconf (see validation.xml, search for
> "local-catalog" and see the Warning notes).

It doesn't look like local catalog files are used at all.  If a file
'catalog' is defined, it overwrites the default 'catalog', but
overwriting is not the same as augmenting..

Currently the 'validate-xdocs' target has:

<catalogfiles dir="${project.schema-dir}">
   <include name="catalog*"/>
</catalogfiles>

That's pretty hacky.. how about adding a new 'project.catalog-file'
property, naming the project catalog file?  We could then have a token in
cocoon.xconf:

<parameter name="local-catalog" value="@project.catalog-file@"/>

which gets replaced at runtime.

How does that sound?