forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Howtos not in community folder
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2002 04:37:10 GMT
On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 12:47:02AM -0800, Vladimir R. Bossicard wrote:
> >However is another sitemap rule matching **howto/*:
> >
> > <!-- Any other howto directories get transformed, without revisions -->
> >  <map:match pattern="body-**howto/*.xml">
> >
> >So if you don't need revisions, any directory ending with 'howto' will
> >have its contents interpreted as howto docs.
>
> Sorry it's not the experience I made.  Could you try to move community
> into community2 and see if your howtos are still interpreted.

It's fairly complicated.. there are two sitemap rules:

1) community/*/*/**

The pipeline does two things:
 - applies stylesheet {1}2document.xsl to source XML.  Eg for
   community/howto/*/**, {1} is 'howto' and the pipeline applies
   howto2document.xsl
 - merges 'revisions' into the XML.

2) **howto/*
 - has a hardcoded rule to apply howto2document.xsl to the XML to
   generate HTML and PDF.

So if you rename community to community2, the first rules will no longer
apply, and the second rule doesn't match because the actual howtos are in
howto/*/*, not howto/*

--Jeff