forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jira for Forrest?
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2002 04:20:25 GMT
On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 04:35:33PM +0100, Steven Noels wrote:
> Steven Noels wrote:
>
> >As you have seen, I've been messing around a bit with the free copy of
> >Jira which has been kindly provided to cocoondev.org (the org) by the
> >folks of Atlassian.

Thanks for setting it all up..

> Status update: I've been tweaking the Jira instance at
> http://issues.cocoondev.org/ a bit, and already found out about the
> 'legendary support' by the Atlassian guys :-)
>
> While we still can't fully depend on it since it is awaiting a pending
> upgrade to Tomcat 4.1.x, which has been kindly promised by Dan @
> AOIndustries, I'm already trying to structure things a bit so that it is
> ready when the infrastructure is.
>
> I've subscribed a dummy mail address issues@cocoondev.org to
> forrest-dev@xml.apache.org, and added a ProjectMailListener to Jira so
> that new issues and updates to existing ones are also copied to the
> list, Bugzilla-style. I've also enabled the option so that issues can
> remain 'unassigned' until someone picks it - the alternative being
> auto-assignment to the project lead, which IMO defeats its purpose.
>
> Once Forrest committers have created an account on
> http://issues.cocoondev.org/, I'll make them part of the
> 'forrest-developers' group so that they can edit, assign, resolve, close
> and delete issues. Or I could create these accounts myself - just let me
> know what you prefer.

I've created myself a user 'jefft'.

> I'll enable attachment support as soon as Dan has done the migration to
> Tomcat 4.1.x
>
> Remaining questions:
>
> - someone must be assigned to the 'project lead' role, and I start to
> appreciate the no-role-account policy Brian has for ASF-infrastructure.
> So who would be willing to step forward? It doesn't mean anything - just
> that your name is displayed at
> http://issues.cocoondev.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa, and perhaps some
> people will be bugging you directly - but we are used to that already.

"Lead: Steven Noels" looks fine to me.

> - is it OK if I add a link to our Jira instance to the website
> (http://issues.cocoondev.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10000)

I just tried to enter a bugreport and got the same crash.. probably we
should only link when it works.

> - we need to come up with a list of components and versions - any ideas?

How about:

Versions: 0.2, 0.3-dev

Components (taken from status.xml):
  schema (DTD improvements)
  skins  (XSLT presentation)
  seed   (seed project bugs)
  webapp (running Forrest with a live cocoon)
  validation (forrest.build.xml project validation)
  other  (anything else)
---
  docs   (Forrest website)
  build  (Source build problems)
  code   (Source code)

> - anyone willing to co-administer Jira - adding components, versions,
> etc - I would like to have some decent geograpically dispersion so that
> administrators are 'on call' where- and whenever the sun shines.

I can have a go.  Bottom right corner of the world :)

--Jeff