forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Enhancements to status.xml
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2002 16:20:47 GMT
On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 04:42:00PM +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>         <action dev="NKB" type="update" context="docs">
>           Added enhancements to status.xml to comply with the
>           needs for a complete status file,
>           like other "STATUS" text files at Apache.
>           Stylesheets not yet done.
>         </action>
>
>   See is it looks right and comment freely :-)

I've never seen a real Apache STATUS file.. does it look anything like
STATUS files in Jakarta Commons?  Does every little vote need to be in
there, or just things like voting in committers?

+1 for trying it out..  perhaps not put it in fresh-site/status.xml just
yet until we see if it works.

On this subject, does anyone mind if I reorder status.xml as follows:

<status>

  <developers/>

  <changes>
    <release/>
    <release/>
    ..
  </changes>

  <todo/>

  <issues/>
</status>

Ie, put the most frequently edited stuff (changes) at the top.  It would
make adding change entries easier, and AFAIK we have no DTD for this yet
anyway..

--Jeff