forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: solved the build using path with spaces
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2002 05:05:55 GMT
On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 11:30:16PM +0100, Bert Van Kets wrote:
> I committed the batch files to solve the path problem.

Many thanks... evidently there is a secret cult, keepers of Forbidden
Knowledge of batch scripting too terrible for most mortals.  Even the
Google oracle hardly knew about the 'NTSwitch' trick..

http://www.fpschultze.de/bsh.htm#a4

> Can you guys test it on different machines.

.. could Win98/2K/NT/XP users also please try:

if exist c:\nul echo hooray

and report back?  If that trick works, then Ant (and Forrest) can be made
to work on Win95/98.

> Do a checkout and clean the build directory
> run "build" in the forrest directory
> copy the xml-forrest\build\dist\shbat directory to "c:\my forrest"
> create the directory "c:\my test"
> run "forrest seed" in "c:\my test"
>
> should work.

Cool :)  I'll do a 0.2 release then and any improvements can be made in
0.2.1.

--Jeff