forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest 0.2-rc1 released :)
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2002 09:09:32 GMT
On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 07:11:30PM +1100, David Crossley wrote:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-commons-dev&m=103726070502757

Good stuff..

> I did have a couple of minor troubles:
>
> 1) If i build it using 'forrest site' and then subsequently
> tweak the project skinconf.xml, then the changes to skinconf
> have no effect. The only way seems to be doing 'build dist'
> in the xml-forrest. Then 'forrest site' is happy.

That's odd.  On a seed project, I just did 'forrest site', then edited
skinconf.xml and tweaked stuff, then 'forrest site' again and my changes
showed.

> 2) There is no "clean" target. So if i have xdocs in my
> project that i later delete, then the old rendered *.html|pdf
> must be manually removed from /build/site/

Pretty easy to add..

Actually it would be good to clean up what happens in build/* before
attempting this.  IIRC it was suggested that Forrest do everything in
build/forrest/.  If that was implemented, 'clean' would just delete that
directory.  Currently, we'd have to carefully track down Forrest-specific
stuff in build/ to avoid deleting non-Forrest stuff.  How about deferring
this till after 0.2?

--Jeff