forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest is overdocumented
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2002 16:34:11 GMT
On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 10:25:12AM -0500, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

Mm.. expiry dates, doc-to-content links.. interesting.

> Secondly.  Move the documentation as close to the code as possible while
> making the conceptual documentation depend on it!

Currently, build.xml and forrest.build.xml have lots of <echo> blocks
describing what to do next.  Eg, at the end of 'forrest webapp':

---------------------------------
Webapp generated in /tmp/mysite/build/webapp

To run in Tomcat, add this to the config file (usu. server.xml):

<Context path='/MyProject'
            docBase='/tmp/mysite/build/webapp'
            reloadable='true'/>

If using JDK 1.4 or above, make sure to set the Java environment variable
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=/home/jeff/apache/xml/xml-forrest/build/dist/shbat/bin/../lib/endorsed
Eg, in the TOMCAT_OPTS (3.3.x) or CATALINA_OPTS (4.x) env variable.

Perhaps we should keep these snippets in XML entity files which we &import;
into the build scripts and documentation.

--Jeff