forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Skin rewrite: 0.2 release?
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2002 16:26:34 GMT
Hi,

I'm 80% through rewriting all the skins to make heavy use of
<xsl:import>, aka stylesheet inheritance.  This makes skins _much_ easier
to maintain, since all the 'structural' XSLT is common to all skins, and
each skin's stylesheets contain only presentational stuff.

As this is a major refactoring, how about doing a quick 0.2 "release"
right now?  AFAIK everything is nice and stable, no known bugs.. docs
need updating but not urgently..

By "release", I mean:

 - Make sure what's in CVS has no glaring bugs.
 - Tag CVS as 'FORREST_02' or something (now is a good time to suggest
   a sane tag convention)
 - Create 'src' and 'binary' (shbat) releases by hand, put them
   somewhere.. anywhere, preferably somewhere official.
 - (optional) Post on general@xml, or announcements@ if someone has
   access.

Really I just want to tag CVS.. how "official" we make the release
doesn't bother me.

What do people think?

--Jeff