forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Getting rid of the table-based layout
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2002 08:21:16 GMT
On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 09:00:53AM +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> We have a PDF-printable link on every page, IMHO it would be cool if we
> had a "legacy" link that showed the site with the current table based
> skin, so that older browsers have a nice viewing experience too...

..and an "XML" link, so that newer browsers can download just the page
XML and apply the stylesheet themselves.

Perhaps instead of a separate "printer friendly" link, we should have a
block of links under the tabs bar:

 legacy | pdf | xml

With corresponding skinconf.xml flags to allow each of these to be
switched off.

--Jeff