forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject css skins (Re: forrest war)
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2002 15:11:47 GMT
On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 03:25:14PM +0100, Bert Van Kets wrote:
> I'm building the new skin using as much CSS as possible.  IMHO This will be
> the most beautiful and fastest skin ever built for Forrest. :-)

Wohoo :)

FYI, over the next few days I'm planning on factoring stuff out of the
forrest-site and avalon-tigris skins into a common repository, and
generally fixing the stylesheets.  The aim is to make skin maintenance
less of a PITA.  If you're in the early stages of design this won't
affect you.. hopefully the XSLTs will be less horrible by the time you
get to them.

Rounding up recent CSS skin stuff:

Robert Koberg:

  "If you all want, we can use the livestoryboard.com site as a base for
  a forrest skin. We have put ALOT of work into the layout/css. The site
  can look extremely different by simply changing the CSS."
   <ADECJLDNBFNBOJBLKCMOEEAFDDAA.rob@koberg.com>

The tigris skin mentioned earlier:

http://style.tigris.org/nonav/dev/docs/sampler_inst.html

And in case anyone forgets, the portal-like Forrest front page in CVS,
using lots of CSS:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/xml-forrest/src/resources/layout/xml.apache.org/home.html?rev=1.3

--Jeff