forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: forrest war
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2002 13:25:28 GMT
On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 01:19:52PM +0100, Bert Van Kets wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I am trying to get in pace with the recent Forrest development.  Man, has
> this project moved since I created the skin.
>
> I did a completely fresh checkout and tried the "Forrest seed", "Forrest"
> and Forrest war" commands and have two problems.
>
> 1. The dynamic links in the generated site are not correct.  The selected
> menu item is not yellow, like it should be.  Haven't had the time to check
> out why yet.

Having a look now.

> 2. After building the war file and starting it up in Tomcat I get an
> Internal Server error.  Here's the stack trace:
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/transform/URIResolver
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:486)

Hmm.. I think it's a bug.  Are you running JDK 1.3?

Forrest currently doesn't include XML-related jars (xml-apis, xerces,
xalan) in the war (or webapp).  In JDK 1.4, these are provided by the
JDK, through the -Djava.endorsed.dirs property.

I hadn't considered 1.3 though, where the webapp would presumably break
:/

I'll look into adding a conditional copy based on JDK version.  In the
meanwhile, try copying lib/endorsed/* into build/webapp/WEB-INF/lib, and
then generate a war with 'jar cvf ../mysite.war' in the webapp/
directory.

--Jeff