forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject skinconf.xml evolution (Re: path trail)
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2002 13:14:05 GMT
On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 01:36:04PM +0100, Bert Van Kets wrote:
> Doing the tests with Forrest I tried to disable the breadcrumbs by making
> the attributes in the skinconf.xml file empty.  However the path is still
> displayed.  I suppose this is a WIP.

Actually the skinconf comment is misleading.. all that blanking those
entries does is prevent the first few breadcumb links from appearing.
All subdirectory breadcrumbs are shown.

How about we add a <disable-breadcrumbs> entry to skinconf.xml, to match
<disable-search>?

I wish I'd called it <enable-search>.. now the damage is done, we can
either:
 - break backwards-compat and reverse the logic
 - follow the precedent and do a major overhaul sometime in the future

I'd prefer the second option, because sooner or later I'd like to
incorporate Peter's ideas of how to represent logos.  From