forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding new content types (Re: Forrestize Phoenix)
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 05:34:34 GMT
On Fri, 8 Nov 2002 16:23, Jeff Turner wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 03:41:58PM +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> [from an avalon-dev thread]
>
> > And finally the latest tigris skin stuff:
> >
> > http://style.tigris.org/nonav/dev/docs/sampler_inst.html
>
> Woo.. very nice.
>
> I think in Forrest we're not really presenting a compelling case for
> separating content and presentation.  It would be great if we could, say,
> colourise code by language with <source type="java">, or XML, as done at:
>
> http://www.orbeon.com/oxf/doc/intro-examples

kool - and while you are at it I would LOVE to see something like

<link
href="javadoc:org.apache.avalon.framework.ExceptionUtil#printStackTrace"/>

or similar work.

You would need to add configuration like

<packages>
  <packagelist base="http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/framework/api"
               file="avalon-package-list"/>
  <packagelist base="http://java.sun.com/jdk1.4.1/docs/api"
               file="jdk-package-list"/>
</packages>

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
| "Religion is what the common people see as true, the |
| wise people see as false, and the rulers see as      |
| useful" --Seneca                                     |