forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Something is breraking my build
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 13:37:12 GMT
On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 12:19:39PM +0000, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
> Here is a precise log of what I have done:
>
> mkdir tmp
> cd tmp
> forrest seed
> forrest
>
> - Build succesful
>
> cp /ext/openSource/xml-forrest/src/resources/conf/sitemap.xmap
> ./src/documentation/
> forrest
>
> - Build succesful
>
> In src/documentation/sitemap.xmap I commented out the root element, thus
> breaking the sitemap.
>

> forrest now outputs:
>
> Setup... done.
> Iniitializing... ready, let's go :-)
>  * [0]
> -> [broken link] index.html <-
>
> OK, so fix the problem, by uncommenting the root element of the sitemap.
>
> forrest gives same results.
>
> So delete all the cache info:
>
> rm -Rf build
>
> forrest still does the same.

That is really weird.  I went through exactly what you've describe with a
clean rebuilt Forrest, and the post-fix build worked.  In fact I didn't
even need the rm -Rf build.

Are you sure you have all of Forrest?  Ie, updated with 'cvs up -dP'?

> Do I need to delete stuff in the forrest directory as well? If so
> shouldn't this be handled by the build process.

There is no state info stored in under the shbat distribution.  The idea
is that it's copied in /usr/local or somewhere read-only and never
touched again.  This can be verified with chmod -R -w {shbat dir}.

Could you perhaps send me (offlist) a tgz of the breaking project?

--Jeff