forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Something is breraking my build
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 02:45:19 GMT
On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 11:31:31PM +0000, Ross Gardler wrote:
> I have been moving a project from an earlier version of Forrest and have
> come across a very strange problem. Unfortunately, I cannot reliably
> reproduce it yet, I'm trying to find out if anyonw else has come across it.
>
> Twice I have built the project up from scratch in this way:
>
> created a seed project
> copied across the source files
> Edited skinconf.xml accordingly
> Built site
>
> Everything is OK except SVG serilaistation (as expected)
>
> Then I go on to the following:
>
> copy forrest sitemap to src/documentation

Btw, the sitemap->skin stylesheets changed last week, from {dir} and
{resources} to a single {path}.  This had the effect of fubar'ing
everyone's custom sitemaps or custom skins (unless both were overridden),
and sparked the thread about backwards-compat.

> add SVG serialisation to sitemap
> build site
>
> SVG serialisation still not working

Btw, there's a section in your-project.html about adding SVG.

> This is where I get a bit hazy as to what I have done as there are a
> number of changes to my sitemap and image files etc in order to get the
> SVG to work. But in both cases the same thing has happened, eventually
> the site won;t build complaining of a missing index.html.
>
> Of course the first thing I have done to rectify the problem is ensur
> that I haven't broken the sitemap, so I remove my custom one. But this
> makes no difference.

I gather you don't have a custom skin, so changing the sitemap was the
only change..?  Did you delete the whole build/ directory after changing
the sitemap?  I suspect the build process caches bad stuff in build/tmp
or somewhere.  Also, the build apparently no longer overwrites
build/site/.  I'm not sure exactly how that works.

> I have checked that my xdocs are still OK (they
> are) and that they are copied into the context directory (they are).
> Everything seems normal except it won't build.
>
> The tail of the output from forrest is copied below. Has anyone seen
> this behaviour before, is it too late at night for me to see what on
> earth I am doing wrong?

Have a look at build/tmp/context/WEB-INF/logs/error.log. It should
contain useful stuff.

--Jeff