forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Language Selection?
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2002 17:15:50 GMT
On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 03:30:07AM +1100, Peter Donald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What do you think of adding a language to the skinconfig ? It would then add a
> language code into the html tag like
>
> <HTML lang="en">...
> <HTML lang="en_au">...
> <HTML lang="fr">...

Wouldn't it be more appropriate in the individual files?

Or how about specifying a default language in book.xml:

<book software="Forrest"
      title="Apache Forrest"
      copyright="@year@ The Apache Software Foundation"
      language="en_au"
</book>

and then in the future, individual pages could override it.

Since skin stylesheets are passed a $path, they could infer (via the
'dirname' template) the associated book.xml file, and then use document()
to fish out the default language.

Thoughts?

--Jeff