forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cache problems with cocoon
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2002 17:06:23 GMT
On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 05:18:31PM +0100, Carles Canellas wrote:
> Hello.
> I'm trying to use Forrest as a Webapp aplication, with
> Tomcat. It all works OK, except for some cache
> problems that are slowing my site too much.
>
> When I call a page for 2ond time, it should be cached.
> But as we can see in the logs attached, it is not,
> although the 3 aggregated xml (book, tabs and body,
> are cached).

Hmm :/  Can't think why that isn't caching the last step.  Forrest's
sitemap certainly isn't configured for runtime speed, but it shouldn't
cause this.

Forrest used to (~7 Oct) print lots of error logs.. something like:
JispStoreException: "no indexes associated with this database".  Then
someone upgraded Cocoon, or something happened, and the errors stopped..

If no-one here has any ideas, perhaps try cocoon-users.

> Another problem is the evaluation of the xslt just
> before the cache validation. In the documents is too
> much time consuming, as you can see in the logs.
>
> The third question is why there's a cached book-* and
> a cached tab-* for each page in the directory, if
> inside the same dir, tabs and book are the same.

There are sitemap rules:

 <map:match pattern="**book-**/*.xml">

and

 <map:match pattern="**tab-**.xml">

So to generate index.html, Cocoon issues an internal request for
tab-index.xml, and that is cached.

--Jeff