forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: suggestion for dtd
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2002 15:56:05 GMT
On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 07:19:42AM -0800, Robert Koberg wrote:
...> > http://xml.apache.org/forrest/your-project.html#N1014A

> > as soon as someone regenerates the site, that URL is liable to break.
>
> Well, I did say for links on the same page. If so, then this problem would not
> occur.

'cept people tend to cut-and-paste whatever's in the browser location
bar.

> > So it might be best to abandon generate-id() altogether, and
> > auto-generate an @id from the section title.  An anchor like
> > #advanced_customizations is also more descriptive than #N1014A
>
> I like this more and am going to change the way I do TOCs to this. I like
> descriptive URLs :). You can still use my template example and substitute some
> xsl (a named template) that replaces spaces with underscores and removes things
> that ID does not like (like a dot/period - or is this business logic :)

I tried it with translate(title, '!@#$%...', '_____') once.. Saxon kept
complaining and I kept adding chars..  Saxon won in the end :)  Guess
I'll have to read the RFC to do it properly.

--Jeff