forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Committed alpha stuff for content editing in webapp
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2002 12:52:37 GMT
On Tuesday 05 November 2002 12:09, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> I've committed what I have hacked lately about editing content in the
> webapp.

Wow cool! I'll send a CVS patch with my name for your
list-of-people-that-owe-me-a-beer.xml ;-)

Just wondering, wouldn't it be easier to keep the wiki text around in native
form? Maybe something like:

put:
  save both wikitext + document.xml formats in separate
  files by chaining two SourceWritingTransforms
  (wikitext saved with minimal XML wrapper)

get:
  directly use wikitext format for editing, simply wrapped in an HTML form

In this way an xml2wiki transform is not needed, only a wiki2xml. This would
also allow wiki source files to be edited directly or stored in CVS (but
maybe requires a way of regenerating the XML files?).

On a sidenote, this version didn't run here (Linux) with JDK1.3, I get
  java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
  org/apache/cocoon/generation/TextParserGenerator
  (Unsupported major.minor version 48.0)

-Bertrand