forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <>
Subject Re: Committed alpha stuff for content editing in webapp
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2002 12:52:37 GMT
On Tuesday 05 November 2002 12:09, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> I've committed what I have hacked lately about editing content in the
> webapp.

Wow cool! I'll send a CVS patch with my name for your
list-of-people-that-owe-me-a-beer.xml ;-)

Just wondering, wouldn't it be easier to keep the wiki text around in native
form? Maybe something like:

  save both wikitext + document.xml formats in separate
  files by chaining two SourceWritingTransforms
  (wikitext saved with minimal XML wrapper)

  directly use wikitext format for editing, simply wrapped in an HTML form

In this way an xml2wiki transform is not needed, only a wiki2xml. This would
also allow wiki source files to be edited directly or stored in CVS (but
maybe requires a way of regenerating the XML files?).

On a sidenote, this version didn't run here (Linux) with JDK1.3, I get
  (Unsupported major.minor version 48.0)