forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Skinning
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 10:13:10 GMT
On Sat, 2 Nov 2002 14:53, Jeff Turner wrote:
> However, the sitemap -> skin contract (XSLT parameters) is not stable.
> In fact I'm going to break it later today (make it simpler).

kool. Do you think this is going to stabilize in the future? It would be kool
if it did ... and documentation accomodated the change ;)

> Anyone with
> a custom skin should also use a custom sitemap, and not rely on the
> Forrest default.

Personally I think this may be a bit of a mistake. You want to make it as
simple for end users to get going. A default sitemap that sets up default
mappings but allows some easy plugin point (sub-sitemap?) would be easy for
us cocoon illiterates ;) (Though I am reading Carstens book and it rocks!!!)

> > Oh and if it is all stable - anyone got any suggestions on what skin I
> > start from?
>
> avalon-tigris is apparently the most decent.  It's been somewhere on my
> todo list to pull it into Forrest, since the only half-decent skin
> Forrest has is 'forrest-site'.

Well I have got it 90% working. If you want I can send it along. About the
only thing that it doesn't support that forrest does is search control and
that should be easy enough to add I assume.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
| You can't wake a person who is pretending      |
|       to be asleep. -Navajo Proverb.           |