forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject documentation/content made available to sitemap (Re: 'broken link' causes..)
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 16:24:22 GMT
On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 05:01:35PM +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Jeff Turner wrote:
> [...]
> >While I'm clarifying.. what's the difference between a 'resource' and
> >'content'?  I'm not too sure.. I think 'resources' are things like XSLT
> >stylesheets.  Not something served up to the user, whereas 'content' is.
> >By that rule, images should be in content/, not resources/.
> >
> >What do people think about changing that?
>
> Put the sources in ./documentation/**
>
> So we have
>
>  ./documentation/index.xml
>  ./documentation/book.xml
>  ./documentation/images/myimage.gif
>  ./documentation/mypdf.pdf

But then what about genuine 'resources' like stylesheets, DTDs and skins?
Shouldn't they live under 'documentation' too?

> etc
>
> One content, one dir.
>
> IIRC we had already decided on this, so it should be ok to do it.

We agreed on the principle, but I can't recall details.

About 30 mins ago I made a change whereby everything in
src/documentation/content/ is made visible to the sitemap.

Specifically in order to allow sitemap rules like:

<map:match pattern="forms/**.pdf">
  <map:read src="content/forms/{1}.pdf" mime-type="application/pdf"/>
</map:match>

or:

<map:match pattern="static/**/*.html">
  <map:read src="content/html/{1}/{2}.html" mime-type="text/html"/>
</map:match>

Does this sound like a reasonable interpretation of "One content, one
dir"?

--Jeff